IMG is New Zealand's heavy industry engineering project management and maintenance specialist providing comprehensive engineering support services.
Quality project planning, management, maintenance shutdowns, skilled trades staff and innovative engineering...
IMG Workshop specialises in fast turnaround industrial engineering, manufacturing, fabrication, welding and machining
Skilled and trained labour, gas watchers, rescuers safety standby, industrial lubricators, drivers, and operators
Heavy lifting and scaffolding, skilled riggers and scaffolders
Enviropeel thermoplastic corrosion protection
- ACC accreditation attained at Secondary, and Tertiary compliant for 80% of elements
- Extensive company safety system has mandatory compliance
- Full staff database of current certifications
- Extensive implementation of JSA (hazard identification and control) system
- Have promoted and established a "safety first" company culture
- Compulsory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing for all employees
- Random drug and alcohol testing often exceeding clients’ requirements
- On-the-job safety audits carried out regularly
IMG specialises in rapid response deployment of trades personnel (from 10-600 tradesmen), capital installations and longer duration major project works.
- 99% of delivery times met for programmed maintenance shuts
IMG's business has been traditionally built on minimising customers’ production downtime. Consequently, the focus has been to reduce programme times and reduce costs for clients through:
- Detailed project planning
- High level work supervision
- Project management
- Exceptional success achieved particularly at NZS and Contact Energy through modifying shut plans.
IMG has an unwavering commitment to quality and a driving belief that its strong quality ethic will grow the business.
IMG’s work processes and procedures revolve around a comprehensive Quality Manual that is maintained and managed by a resident Quality Co-ordinator.
IMG has ISO 9001- 2008 accreditation. Four consecutive annual ISO audits have been completed with no corrective action issues.
The comprehensive reporting processes include:
- Programme and progress reports
- Full timesheet records by plant area
- Non-conformance procedure and record keeping
- Post project and shut analyses
- Root cause analyses
- Forensic engineering reports
- Financial as required
By constantly questioning what we do, and reassessing processes, IMG can deliver efficiency and productivity savings that are shared with customers. This "win-win" scenario has been fundamental in growing strong and enduring relationships with all customers.
Like so many critical industries, maintenance shuts are an investment in production efficiency and reliability, but minimising their duration is a key focus. IMG constantly looks for savings for its clients through questioning current practices. IMG has been instrumental in New Zealand Steel's cold mill maintenance shut being shortened from 12 hours to 8 hours and its mantle changes reducing from 32 to 20 hours at no cost to the client.
IMG is a New Zealand-based provider of innovative engineering support services, specialising in providing time sensitive heavy industry engineering solutions.
IMG's project and construction management ensures minimal downtime during shutdown maintenance, innovative solutions, reduced costs and improved safety.
IMG specialises in rapid response labour deployment, with large teams of tradesmen, including welders, riggers and mechanical engineers for major engineering and construction projects.